Friday, September 28, 2007

The first ride of the Memphis Downs was completed last night and it ended as a great success.

Denis and Chase led the race home completing the course of ten garages (57 stories combined) over 23 miles. Anthony, Kermit and I were right behind them to round out the top five. Amber took the women's classification with an impressive sprint to the finish. In all twenty-one people completed the course and contributed over $200 to Revolutions. Pictures at www.flickr.com/photos/idontsayyall


Special thanks to Walz caps for two awesome caps for the winners and to DBI distributing and Pabst for keeping the after-party stocked well into the morning. Thanks also to Denis and Midtown bikes for the discount offered to all riders on online orders.

The standings for the Memphis Downs GC after one ride are:

Denis 22 pts
Chase 22
Anthony 20
Josh 20
Kermit 19
Cort 17
Isaiah 16
Zach 14
Russ 14
Eric 12
Patrick 12
Alex 11
Jackson 10
Jacob 9
Mike 8
Amber 7
Kellen 4
Kyle 4
John 4
Brad 3
Jason 2

The next ride will be the Memphis Sprint Championships on Friday October 19th. See this site for more information closer to the date.

4 comments:

Cort said...

I'm confused about the rankings. I thought that Kermit and I would have the same score because I rode fixed. Was there an extra point for the top 5 or something?

jmgorman said...

cort, I thought Denis came in ahead of you. I gave him, the same points for placement because he came in at the same time as Anthony and I (even though he was riding solo, we all showed up at the same time). Therefore, he got the same points as Taco and I, but not the fixed-gear bonus point. Is that too complicated (this is a legitimate question - I'm known to overthink things and am more than happy to go back and redo the points)?

Cort said...

No, I get it now. Denis and Chase tied for first so the second place is left blank. You, Irish Spring, and Kermit tied for third (leaving blank spots 4 and 5), but since Kerm wasn't fixed he didn't get the extra point and took fifth place. When I look at it taking away the fix points it makes sense. And I don't want anyone to think that I'm complaining or anything; Denis, Kermit, Chase and I rode Monday night and we were all confused.

jmgorman said...

No, it didn't seem like complaining - I just didn't explain it well. But between my comment and yours, it seems like it is sorted out. Anyway, it will just get even more confusing for the sprints. Depending on how many people we get, we might do heats of several people with a final round-robin (everyone races everyone else). Anyway, we're still working on it, sorry for the confusion.